San Antonio Partnership Agreement & Shareholder Dispute Attorneys
As San Antonio continues to grow, new businesses open to serve the growing economy in the Alamo City, issues may arise between business partners and shareholders. What may have been initial disagreements as to how the business should continue may quickly devolve into a legal battle for the control of the business and its assets.
Partnership or Shareholder Disputes Can Happen to Anyone
These partnership disputes or shareholder disputes are oftentimes between former trusted friends, colleagues, or family members, and can threaten the continued operation of the business. As new businesses in San Antonio strive to provide exceptional products and services to customers, a partner or shareholder who acts illegally to take benefits for him or herself at the expense of the business jeopardizes the very existence of the company. Vethan Law Firm’s partnership and shareholder attorneys in San Antonio first seek to stop the wrongdoer from further harming the business, and then will aggressively go after the bad actor to compensate the business and the other shareholders or business partners for the economic harm inflicted on the company by the self-dealing partner or shareholder.
Although not every partnership dispute may be avoided, when several parties decide to pool their resources to form a new business venture, certain steps must be taken to avoid very contentious and very personal shareholder dispute or partnership dispute litigation. Our San Antonio partnership and shareholder dispute lawyers in San Antonio can discuss the following with you:
- Launching a startup with an agreed upon partnership agreement or shareholder agreement;
- Structuring and reviewing partnership agreements and shareholder agreements to incorporate mandatory buy back provisions, avoiding community property consequences to the management of the business;
- Buyback and supermajority provisions to maintain steady corporate operations; and
- Deciding on management, financial exposure of the business, and control of the venture, and structuring appropriate governing mechanisms within the company, to identify a few concerns.
Our Shareholder & Partnership Dispute Resources
We have included several resources on our website for our clients and friends. Please see our blog posts on shareholder disputes and partnership disputes addressing the following areas:
- Understanding Valuation Issues During a Shareholder Dispute
- Causes of Partnership/Shareholder Disputes
- What to Do If You Suspect Your Business Partner Is Stealing Money from the Company
- Shareholder Rights Plan: An Overview of the Poison Pill
- Partnership Disputes in Small Businesses: What to Do When a Partner Leaves
- How to Handle a Breach of Fiduciary Duty in a Business Partnership