As an entrepreneur with a tech startup, you need to consider the legal needs of your new company. From finding shareholders and finding funding to hiring your first employee, you will need the services of an experienced business law firm.
VLF has attorneys who understand business structuring and contracts, intellectual property law, and shareholder relationships.
Protect your startup’s intellectual property
Whether you are going to market with a product or a service, you have intellectual property that must be protected. VLF can help you implement the legal protection you need to safeguard the heart of your business venture.
- Trademark registration and protection
- Trade secret protection
- Intellectual property protection and litigation
Choosing your startup’s business structure
Even the smallest business needs to have the appropriate structure and sometimes must amend that structure as the business grows and changes. VLF can provide guidance in selecting the appropriate corporate structure and draft legal documents that will enforce the protections for your intellectual property and make your service agreements airtight.
- Forming and amending the company structure
- Shareholder, partnership, and LLC agreements
- Non-disclosure, non-compete, and trade secret protection agreements
Employment contracts for startups
Hiring an employee takes more than paying someone wages. You need to set up a management and promotion structure that supports your business without creating employment issues. You also need to understand how to properly classify your workers to keep the IRS off your back.
- Employment contract structure and enforcement
- Hiring executive talent
- Contract negotiations
Selling or merging your startup? Buying a startup?
You made the decision to merge with another company, acquire one, or sell your business. How do you go about making the transition while protecting assets and make a fair deal? VLF understands the ins and outs of M&A and business sales.
- Securing assets
- Making transitions
- Developing transactional documents
Sometimes you can’t avoid legal proceedings. Partners disagree, shareholders cry foul, employees walk off with your trade secrets. VLF will go to war to get back what belongs to you and protect the rest.
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Intellectual property theft or misappropriation
- Trade secret theft or misappropriation
- Trademark infringement
- Contract disputes
- Business to business litigation
- Non-compete & non-disclosure litigation
Funding your startup
- Do you know where to find funding?
- Do you need a business incubator or do you need an accelerator program?
- Do you know the difference between an angel investor and a venture capitalist?
Vethan Law Firm knows. We can point you to funding resources and help protect your interests as you look for financial support and go through multiple funding rounds on your way to an independent company.